Responsible to: Organization Manager
Closing date: 23\01\2014
Job Type: Full Time
The Psychologist will work for Palestine Avenir for Childhood Foundation within the project “improving access of children with disabilities to quality multidisciplinary rehabilitation services in Gaza strip” implemented by HI (Handicap International) and funded by DFATD (Department of Foreign Affairs , Trade and Development).
Objectives of the position:
Under the direct responsible of partner project rehabilitation team supervisor and partner director, the psychologist : will provide psychological support individual and group sessions to children with disabilities and their families’ according to their psychological support needs and demands in order to increase their coping mechanisms with the post traumatic symptoms disorder / PTSD”.
Job requirements and responsibilities:
- The Psychologist will work with partners’psychologist to identify CwD’s who are dealing with adverse circumstances in line with the service criteria and to prioritize their needs for support.
- Agree on a therapy session contract with the family of the CwD’s to determine what will becovered in sessions, including confidentiality issues.
- Hold a caseload of CwD’s and their families and offer them assessmenton evidence-based psychological interventions, including Trauma resiliency based approach.
- Provide individual and group therapy sessions and carry out recreational activities and awareness rising for CwD’s and their families to increase their resilience and copying mechanisms.
- Monitor and evaluate the CwD’s progress and report to the team supervisor.
- Participate with HI partners’ psychologists in identifying and planning for a monthly recreational activity.
- Participate with HI partners psychologists in developing brochures on PTSD and psychological support for CwD’s and their families in time of crisis.
- Participate with HI partners’ psychologists and HI PSSS in developing the psychosocial – intervention manual.
- Ensure providing therapy to the highest possible professional standard, and respect the work code of ethics.
- Participate to HI meetings and trainings.
- Submit reports to the team supervisor using the project’s monthly and weekly evaluation and monitoring tools, provided by HI.
Knowledge and skills required:
- Bachelor degree in Psychology.
- At least three years experience of working as a psychologist.
- Good knowledge of the emotional and psychosocial impact of Trauma on CwD’s and their families.
- An appropriate theoretical understanding of evidence-based psychological interventions, including Trauma resiliency based approach.
- Reporting and writing skills in English and Arabic.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Computer skills (word, excel, power point).
- Willingness to travel to the field.
The contract will be for a period of 5 months.
Interested candidates may please send their resume with cover letter