Organization Name :Palestine Avenir for Childhood Foundation
POST : Outreach Team Supervisor
Type of Contract: Part Time Contract
LOCATION : Gaza alremal – alkateba land tel: 2834011
Duration: Starting from 1st November 2012 till end of August 2013
Palestine Avenir for Childhood Foundation is looking for Outreach Team Supervisor to be based in Gaza
1. Presentation and Job Context
Palestine Avenir for Childhood Foundation along with Handicap International in Gaza, are going to implement a project “Improving access of children with disabilities to quality multidisciplinary rehabilitation services in the Gaza Strip”. funded by Chain du Bonheur The project involves the set up of rehabilitation outreach teams. The outreach team will provide various rehabilitation sessions to Children with Cerebral Palsy (CwCP) and Children with of Multiple Disabilities (CwMD) including (Physical Therapy sessions, Occupational Therapy sessions, Speech therapy sessions, psychosocial support sessions).
2. Main duties
Under the supervision of Palestine Avenir for Childhood Foundation Director , the team supervisor will work for the Palestine Avenir for Childhood Foundation in order to supervise , monitor the implementation of project outreach services, on the day to day basis, , key contact with organization and HI team and will report to organization and HI on monthly basis.
- Follow up, monitor and ensure that the project activities are implemented within the project timeframe.
- Facilitate the implementation of the weekly staff meeting of the outreach team.
- Under the partners supervision will be responsible for budget holding.
- Support in identifying and preparing of outreach team materials and tools lists and submit it to admin department in the organization and HI technical team for validation.
- Ensure that project activities outputs and indicators are on track within the project timeframe.
- Follow up the work of outreach team members and their daily work load is in line with the project indicators and quality criteria
- Facilitate and plan for the distribution of basic rehabilitation exercises training plan for parents/ families of CwCP/MD.
- support the outreach team to overcome the field obstacles and report it to the organization and HI
- Support and facilitate the work of the social worker in follow up and coordinate for the referral network with relevant stakeholders.
- Fill in and Report to organization and HI about the monthly narrative and statistical reports
- The team supervisor will be responsible for updating and follow up the database on daily basis in line with the registrar system.
- Packing and submitting the beneficiaries database to organization and HI on monthly basis
- Contribute to the monthly coordination and technical support workshop with other partners’ outreach teams’ members
- Facilitate and coordinate for the speech and psychology consultants to provide on the job monthly training / coaching for outreach team members (Psychologists , Speech therapists) in cooperation and coordination with organization and HI
- Facilitate and coordinate the weekly technical field visits of HI team to the outreach members
- Facilitate the implementation of bi-monthly psychological peer to peer support sessions to families of CwCP/MD.
- Academic degree in management or social sciences from a recognized university.
- A very good level of written and spoken Arabic and English is essential.
- Able to work in a team and under supervision.
- Very good team player.
- High level of flexibility and strong interpersonal skills.
- Previous experience with local or international NGOs
- Very good computer skills is required specially Microsoft Access and Excel
- Excellent reporting skills.
- BA degree in management or social sciences
- Knowledge and/or previous experience in disability, vulnerability issues
- Working experience with persons with disabilities
Palestine Avenir for Childhood Foundation and Handicap International – HI are equal opportunity employers and particularly welcome applications from persons with disabilities
Applications can be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org , or delivered to our office in partner address Gaza Alremal Alkateba land .,.
Deadline for applications is Day 22 month…10… year…2012……